Departments aim to preserve health of heart and diagnose and treat existing heart diseases. Cardiac rehabilitation, coronary intensive care units and angiography laboratories support the department’s efforts.
Diagnosis and Treatment Services available in Cardiology Department
Following diseases are diagnosed and treated at cardiology departments : heart attack, coronary artery disease, heart failure, heart rhythm and conduction disorders, heart valve diseases, peripheral artery diseases, aortic diseases, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia and congenital heart diseases.
Our cardiology departments provide services also for arrhythmia and cardiac electrophysiology, interventional cardiology and non-interventional cardiology.
A special database is kept at hospitals and outpatient clinics for patients to perform quality control analyses for surgeries.
Procedures carried out at cardiology departments can be summarized as follows:
- Disease Risk and Screening
- Cardiac stress test
- 2-D, Doppler, Color Doppler Echocardiography
- Cardiac stress echocardiography
- 24-hour ECG and blood pressure monitoring
- Calcium Scoring with Multi-detector CT
- CT coronary angiography
- Myocardial scintigraphy
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Cardiac catheterization and coronary angiography
- Coronary angioplasty, stent placement, atherectomy
- Heart scintigraphy
- All relevant emergency procedures